|"Manna for Ministry" Communication - MARCH 2004|
Greetings from the EHC Anglo Africa Regional Office!
Our email address has changed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for changing your records accordingly.
Pastor Alan Platt sent us a most dynamic teaching article recently (part of our Leading like Jesus series), entitled 'Destiny - Growing into your Purpose'. (This material is shared with acknowledgement to: Casey Treat “Fulfilling your God given Destiny.”)
Think about Gideon, how through a series of events he began to change his way of thinking. He was a man who started out weak, poor and scared and yet became one of the greatest judges and leaders in the history of Israel - he fulfilled his destiny!
Where did it start? When an angel convinced him, "You're a mighty man of valor."
STEPS TO YOUR DESTINY
Take time to meditate on the seven forces that flow from following destiny:-
1. People with a sense of destiny have vision.
What goals and purposes do you foresee for yourself in the upcoming month?
2. People with a sense of destiny have discipline.
What bad habit or practice would you like to drop right away?
3. People with a sense of destiny have self-esteem.
What recordings of inferiority are playing in your head?
4. People with a sense of destiny have faith and courage.
What have you been afraid to pursue?
5. People with a sense of destiny have resources.
Do you trust God to meet all your needs?
6. People with a sense of destiny have drive and motivation.
Do you get up each morning motivated to accomplish something?
7. People with a sense of destiny have vital relationships.
Who in your life can you turn to for sound advice and counsel?
HERE ARE SEVEN ENEMIES THAT COULD KNOCK YOU OFF DESTINY'S COURSE:
What thoughts has Satan placed in your mind that you should release?
In what areas of life do you need a long term vision?
3. UNHEALTHY DESIRES.
What are your desires? Give them to God and let Him sanctify them for His use!
4. DECEIT OF MONEY.
In what one area of your life could you sacrifice spending on yourself and instead give to God?
In what areas are you experiencing stress in your life? How can you turn this stress into a creative, positive experience?
6. EGO AND PRIDE.
In what areas are they potential problems? Your looks? Your work? Your parenting? Give your ego to God and allow Him to use it to open new doors for growth.
What are you afraid of? Change? Failure? Success? What fear is holding you back from God’s best for your life?
THE FIGHT OF FAITH
If you are on course with your destiny but do not understand or use the principle of faith, you could hinder your destiny.
Numbers 14:24 ‘But my servant Caleb, because he has a different spirit in him and has followed Me fully, I will bring him into the land he went to and his descendants shall inherit it.”
CHARACTERISTICS OF DESTINED LIVES
1. They are continually learning.
2. They are service-orientated.
3. They radiate positive energy.
4. They believe in other people.
5. They lead balanced lives.
6. They see life as an adventure.
7. They are vision focused.
THREE RESOLUTIONS TO SLAY DESTINY KILLERS (1 John 2:15-17)
1. To overcome the restraining forces of appetites and passions by resolving to exercise self-discipline and self-denial.
2. To overcome the restraining forces of pride and pretension, by resolving to work on character and competence.
3. To overcome the restraining forces of unbridled aspiration and ambition, by resolving to dedicate my talents and resources to noble purposes and to provide service to others.
We trust that this extract from brother Casey Treat's book will bless and encourage you in your walk with the Lord!
Bless you as you continue to lead like Jesus! The depth of our passion will determine the magnitude of our breakthroughs in reaching every home with the Gospel in Anglo Africa!
Until next time,
Hennie and the Regional Office team